FREE AUDIO CONTENT SITE LAUNCHES FOR TALKING NEWS, HOSPITAL & COMMUNITY RADIO
21 September 2020 sees the launch of TNF Soundings, a new website offering free-to-use information and entertainment audio articles relevant to blind, partially-sighted and disabled people across the UK.
TNF Soundings delivers a regular supply of high quality, impartial audio items that can be used free of charge by Talking News and Magazines, Hospital and Community Radio. TNF Soundings provides two types of content to supplement local material:
- Updates on help available to people living with sight loss or disabilities that make reading difficult. These cover a wide range of subjects, such as advice on making the most of services, reports on the latest initiatives from support organisations and new products to make life easier.
- Time Out
- Entertainment and leisure articles including poems, biographies, wildlife and gardening.
All the audio articles on https://tnfsoundings.org.uk/ are free to download and use for Talking News, Talking Magazines, Hospital and Community Radio Stations. Our content is also available to such organisations and individuals by signing up for our podcast or as an email subscriber.
Many articles are relevant UK-wide, while others may be specific to Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or England.
Produced by a roster of volunteers from across Britain, TNF Soundings extends the audio information service previously provided by the charity Infosound. Soundings is part of the Talking News Federation charity and has been established specifically to deliver audio articles following Infosound’s decision to discontinue their audio information service after eight years.
The TNF Soundings team would like to thank Infosound for their many years of service to the Visually Impaired and Talking Newspaper communities in the provision of this content and for their patient assistance in the handover process. We wish them well as they embark on their own restructuring journey. We would also like to thank Kualo Hosting and Transloadit for their support in providing, free of charge, the infrastructure on which TNF Soundings is built.
For more information about TNF soundings please contact:
- Heather Bolton, email@example.com
- Mike Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the TNF office on 01793 485554
- Visit the Soundings website at https://tnfsoundings.org.uk/
TNF Soundings is part of the Talking News Federation charity. CIO 1185913.